We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The best part of pregnancy, for me, is not what you might guess: It's having your partner wait on you hand and foot.
Come on, I know I'm not the only pregnant mama milking the heck out of this very special time. I was a single mom when I was pregnant with my daughter, so there was no one around to spoil me. My poor husband. I don't think he knew what he was getting himself into.
Thankfully he's a great sport, and he bends over backwards to make sure I have everything I need while I'm in this (in my coy Southern belle voice) delicate state. I'd be lying if I said I didn't know I could be pretty annoying sometimes, though. Just how annoying am I? Well, here are just a few ways I annoy my husband on a regular basis now that I'm pregnant.
1. Completely disregard his personal space.
I take up more space now than I did before, but that doesn't stop me from laying all over him. I just love him so much!
2. Remind him 1,700 times a day that I'm pregnant.
You'd be surprised at how "but, I'm pregnant" fits into so many different situations.
3. Wait until he's nice and comfortable before asking him to get me a snack.
What? I didn't want it before now!
4. Have cravings for food that isn't in the house that won't go away unless he goes to get them.
Yes, I know we were at the grocery store earlier today.
5. Fall asleep during movies, television shows, at parties, etc.
What can I say? It takes a lot of energy to bake a baby!
6. Get ideas about furniture rearranging that needs to happen NOW.
Why put off until tomorrow what you can do today? Especially when I'm not the one doing the heavy lifting!
7. Throw tons of our belongings in the trash.
Don't blame me, blame nesting.
8. Require a full meal every hour.
Don't blame me, blame your unborn son.
9. Request frequent massages. Even when I don't need them.
Doesn't the mother of your child deserve to be pampered?
10. Wear all of his clothes.
Who knew menswear made the best maternity fashion?
11. Make him drive everywhere.
I couldn't possibly drive with this big belly!
12. Request the same thing for dinner every night.
If it ain't broke (and it don't make me sick!), don't fix it.
13. Call him to come to me when I don't need anything.
Except attention. I need attention.
This post was originally published in March, 2017.
Opinions expressed by parent contributors are their own.